Monday, October 1, 2012

To my readers, and especially commenters


Just a quick note: long-time commenters may have noticed that I have removed the Captcha screen to allow you to more easily comment. The downside to that is I'm getting a lot of spam messages. The upside to that is Blogger is catching most of them... so far. What say you - do you prefer the risk of seeing "spam" comments until I'm able to catch and delete them, to allow you to more easily comment? Not that I get a lot of commenters, but maybe that was why...

Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had my captcha on since I started my blog. I didn't used to get any spam comments now I'm getting a lot more, but Blogger is catching them. I'd say leave it off for now unless the comments become overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; that was sort of my thinking on the situation. Not sure why the sudden influx of spam, but... spammers gotta spam, as they say.

      Delete
  2. Hey! Were you able to execute all the settings of this portal by yourself or you needed some extra help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to change them myself, but I did have to have someone point out how to go about doing it... It's fairly self-evident if you're someone who isn't me, though.

      Delete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.