Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: Miami Spy Games: Russian Zombie Gun


Miami Spy Games: Russian Zombie Gun
Miami Spy Games: Russian Zombie Gun by Armand Rosamilia

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Technothriller/Urban Fantasy (Zombies)
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of zombies, spy thrillers

Disclosure: I received a copy of this ebook a representative of the publisher, Hobbes End Publishing. While I was told I was under no obligation, I am happy to provide an honest review.

Synopsis: In the second installment of Miami Spy Games, the ACES team is in hot pursuit of the stolen Russian Zombie Gun. The American’s are not the only ones seeking this weapon, either. The Russians and other rogue elements are also pursuing this deadly technology.

News is spreading quickly, and more zombie attacks occur. These zombies attack victims with no remorse, and the ACES team scrambles to control the situation before it gets out of hand. Unfortunately for the team, Ozzie has made a choice, one which involves the use of the zombie gun on innocent civilians.

Jennifer, Mike and Kostas are in a race against time to capture the Russian Zombie Gun before a pandemic spreads and spirals out of control.

Follow the Miami ACES team in this second episode of this exciting new series.

My Thoughts: I read the first “episode” in this serial novel in the middle of September (review can be found here on sites that allow links). I really liked it and, in fact, noticed when I was getting ready to read this book that a 3rd episode has come out, so I went and bought that for myself and will read and review that one next.

While I enjoyed this story as well, I was disappointed in the editing on this one – the first paragraph was so poorly written it was very difficult to understand. “Jennifer Sanchez tried to ignore the dragonfly drone as it caught her eye again in front of her. I f you didn’t know it was there it would look nothing more like a bug flittering through the restaurant, but she knew. She also knew Kostas was trying his best to focus on her cleavage and not on the man currently sitting across from her in the crowded room.” While the rest of it was a bit better, that paragraph alone was enough to cause the story to lose a star.

However, if you ignore that, then this is again a fast-paced and interesting story, with a new twist on the zombie theme, and I am enjoying this story. I’ll be reading the 3rd entry in this series next, and am also going to try to read the prequel, San Diego Spy Games, soon.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.