Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Tales of Christmas Magic


Tales of Christmas Magic
Tales of Christmas Magic by Matt Posner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy – Christmas Theme
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of School of the Ages or those who want to ease into the series, those looking for a fast and light-hearted read with a Christmas theme.

Disclosure: I picked up this book when I realized it contained School of the Ages stories. Since I purchased it myself I have no particular obligation, and am always happy to provide an honest review.

Synopsis: Return to the world of School of the Ages with this short volume of amusing short stories with a Christmas flair. Why are so many elementals bothering the teen magician Radish in the prep school bathroom? Will master magician Dr. Archer be able to select a new home from the many creepy places in New York? AND..... why, why, WHY is the beautiful sixteen-year-old Goldberry in a pitched battle with Santa Claus on the school roof?

My Thoughts: I’m a huge fan of the School of the Ages series by Matt Posner. The series currently has three full-length novels – The Ghost in the Crystal, Level Three’s Dream and The War Against Love – as well as a novelette – Sara Ghost – and this collection of short stories.

After reading the very dark Sara Ghost, this light-hearted group of stories was a relief and very enjoyable. Fans of the series won’t want to miss these stories, and if you haven’t yet discovered School of the Ages, then this is a good way to get introduced. Don’t miss this one!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.