Saturday, August 3, 2013

Review: Shaman's Blood


Shaman's Blood
Shaman's Blood by Anne C. Petty

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Please note: Read in October, 2011 from a copy I received in a free promotion. I am also reposting this review to spread the sad news that this author has recently passed away after a battle with cancer. I would love to honor her life by bringing more people to her amazing stories.

My Synopsis: Book 2 of the Wandjina Quartet, based on Aboriginal Dreamtime stories, continues the story of Alice and Margaret begun in “Thin Line Between.” (My review linked here.) It also tells Ned’s story. Moving between past (Ned’s story) and present (Alice and Margaret), we learn about how the Quinkan became linked to Margaret in the first place, and what they need to do to break the bond.

My Thoughts: I can’t be any more precise about the plot or I will seriously spoil the book for you. While it would be possible to enjoy the book without having read “Thin Line Between,” I wouldn’t recommend it – you will miss a lot of clues if you don’t read them in order. Since this is called a Quartet, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume there will be two more books to go – since it was 6 years between books one and two, I’m seriously hoping it won’t be that long before the next book, because I want to know what happens. Once you read these awesome books, you will too! Definitely check them out, especially if you like mythology-based horror. Great stuff!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.