Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review: Enchantment


Enchantment
Enchantment by Nikki Jefford

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Paranormal
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: fans of YA books with magic and a bit of romance
Trigger Warnings: treachery, deceit, violence, attempted murder.

My Thoughts: Is isn't made obvious prior to this, but we end up with some background on Adrian at the start of this book and his family is Russian. What kind of Russian last name is Montez? Not a typical one, that's for sure! But it turns out Adrian's nan married a Spaniard. Yeah, that's a minor spoiler, but nothing that will ruin the story for you.

There were some editing problems with this book, which surprised me because the first were so clean. I don't recall them all, but I do remember “heal” for “heel” and I think it was “pn” for “on”, among others. However, they didn't seriously detract from the story, so they were mostly fairly easy to forget.

This is listed as being a trilogy, so this completes the set. I thought it was a decent ending. Gray and Lee, and Charlene in a new body (no hints on what type!), and everyone more or less happy. I was pretty happy to finally have some closure on the Adrian thing, as well as some of the other problematic characters, like Holloway and Ryan. I quite like this author's style. She has a few more books out there, so I'll have to take a look at what she has. If you like paranormal books with a touch of romance and a whole lot of magic, then look no further. You should love these.

Series Information: Spellbound trilogy
Book 1: Entangled, review linked here where formatting allowed
Book 2: Duplicity, review linked here where formatting allowed
Book 3: Enchantment

Disclosure: I purchased this book for myself after so enjoying the first book. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Barcelona. Summer escape. Or so Graylee Perez thought until her old adversary, Adrian Montez, brings his magic show to Spain.

Gray seeks out a Spanish wizard to help banish Adrian from her life once and for all. Instead, she tumbles headfirst into a love spell with the arrogant warlock.

After Gray follows Adrian to Paris, she must face her true feelings and decide if Adrian’s worth fighting for.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.