Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: Entangled


Entangled
Entangled by Nikki Jefford

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Please note: This book is free on Smashwords and Amazon, so if you want to read it, you can!

Book Info: Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Anyone, everyone
Trigger Warnings: there is a scene that is sort of the equivalent of rape

My Thoughts: I meant to just start this book and ended up sitting and reading it straight through, then moaning, “Oh my god, DAMMIT” when it was finished. Yes, it was that good and I wanted more. I don't even know exactly why. It has a love triangle, which I hate. But at the same time it is very real. Unlike so many books featuring high schoolers, this one had them acting like high school students, talking like high school students, and despite the magical nature of the main character, it just felt... real. Now I have to go and buy the other books, which I do can't afford at the moment, and find out what happens next. If you like young adult books—heck, even if you don't—you should totally check this book out. I was completely surprised by it. Really good stuff.

Series Information: Spellbound series
Book 1: Entangled
Book 2: Duplicity, available since 2012; I do not have... yet
Book 3: Enchantment, available since April, 2012; I do not have... yet

Disclosure: I don't recall exactly how I ended up with this book; I think the author left a code in a group and I downloaded it as a result. I do know I downloaded it from Smashwords. I later noticed it on NetGalley and accepted it there to have another place to post the review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body.

Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-hour hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend.

The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.

Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.