Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Thin Ice


Thin Ice
Thin Ice by Anthea Carson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I just finished editing this book, and wow! I really loved it! I've now done all three books in this series. This one is already available, but will be updated with the changes I've made to it soonish, I think.

If you've followed this series from the start, now might be the time to go back and start over again. I think reading all three books right in a row will be the best way to go about really understanding what this series is all about. It's about the ennui of being a teenager, it's about how even the rich and lovely kids can end up completely screwed up in the head, and it's about how drugs and alcohol, if abused, can really negatively impact your life. I certainly have never had a problem with moderate use of either thing, but if they take control of your life, if you lose track of what you're doing - blacking out, in other words - then you need to stop and take stock of things.

This is book 3 in the Oshkosh Trilogy. The earlier books are:
[b:The Dark Lake|17310447|The Dark Lake|Anthea Carson|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1367086780s/17310447.jpg|19133419], Book 1: My review here
[b:Call me Jane|16166392|Call me Jane|Anthea Carson|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1367086849s/16166392.jpg|22011071], Book 2: My ramblings here; not really a review. I plan to re-read the group of them at some point and hopefully, looking back at them again, I'll be able to rate that one.



View all my reviews

7 comments:

  1. Nice review, thanks! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, and thanks! Glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. By the way, if you reread The Dark Lake and Call me Jane, I made some changes to both books, in order to maintain the consistency with the third book, and some new ideas I had. I contacted Amazon, and they made the update easily available, although I know you have the word document Katy, so you would not have those, but I can send you an updated copy if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do. I don't know when I'll be able to, but I want to re-read the whole trilogy at once and see how it affects my thoughts on the 2nd book. I thought I had the first one from Amazon, but I guess not... weird. So yeah, please do send me updated copies of the first two. I'd actually love to have the last one, too. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Paperbacks or kindle versions?

      Delete
    3. E-books are fine unless you have some paperback languishing around you need to be rid of :-)

      Delete
    4. I do have them! I will send you paperbacks if you are ok with that. email me your mailing address

      Delete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.