Thursday, July 18, 2013

Next Random Read - and a chance to help with a charity! Read to find out how to help Shelterbox.org!

In June I announced a random read of Edge of Shadows, which I am currently in the process of reading.  So, I went ahead and used the same procedure to set up my next random read, and I have randomly selected The Vault by Huw Thomas.  I will try to do this random read in August, but as before, you can never tell what is going to happen around here, so we'll see.

But, I'll do it eventually...  Now, then, I just noticed something very interesting about this book, when I went to the Amazon page.  Check out this bit that the author has included at the foot of the synopsis:


IN AID OF SHELTERBOX

The Vault is being published on Kindle in aid of the disaster relief charity ShelterBox, which provides emergency shelter and vital aid for families who have lost their home as a result of earthquakes, floods, volcanoes etc.

Half of all royalties from sales of the Kindle edition of this book will go to the charity to help its work around the world - see shelterbox.org for more information.

This book appears to be a young adult suspense or dark fantasy story.  Here is the synopsis.

Adam Strong has two main problems in life: how to keep the gang from the local council estate out of the woods where he has his den and how to get the new girl at school to notice that he exists.

But the ancient woods next to Compton Fosse contain more dangers than just the risk of a beating from the town’s teenage psycho.

Hidden in Hobthrush Wood is the key to a mystery that weaves four disparate stories into a single web.

* The mansion: A gang of professional robbers mount a night raid on the secluded country home of a reclusive billionaire.

* The dead: Three decaying bodies, wrapped in plastic and chains, are found lying at the bottom of an ornamental lake.

* The convict: A sex offender is released from prison but breaks his parole and goes on the run after giving into temptation once again.

* The friends: Two boys stumble across an eerie secret...

If this sounds interesting to you, why not go pick up your own copy, and help a charity at the same time?

Until next time, my dears...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.