Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: Shades of Green


Shades of Green
Shades of Green by Ian Woodhead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Horror Reading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I picked up a free copy for my Kindle from Amazon.com; since it is Ian Woodhead’s birthday 4/19/12, I decided to have a little Ian Woodhead marathon this week in celebration. Happy Birthday, Ian!

Shades of Green Synopsis: Holburn was just like any other northern English town, at least on the surface. Buried below the local woodland, something had begun to tunnel up…

Within hours, Holburn suffers a drastic transformation as invasive, bizarre plant-life infest the town, the population and wildlife transform into rampaging, blood-thirsty beasts. A handful of survivor’s battle to stay alive and search for answers

My Thoughts: This book has much better editing than any of the previous books I’ve read by Ian Woodhead thus far. It also has more character development and plot – it’s still not terribly long, but it tells a more comprehensive story. I really enjoyed it and since he seems to have left it open for a sequel, I’ll be interested in whether he follows through with that. I would love to know more about... well, I can’t tell you, ‘cause that would be a spoiler! But I would like to know what happens next. Enjoyable story. 5 out of 5 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.