Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: The other side of Dead


The other side of Dead
The other side of Dead by Ian Woodhead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Horror/ZombiesReading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I picked up a free copy for my Kindle from Amazon.com; since it is Ian Woodhead’s birthday 4/19/12, I decided to have a little Ian Woodhead marathon this week in celebration. Happy Birthday, Ian!

Synopsis: Contained within this collection are seven stories, each story dealing with the mystery of death and what may lie beyond.

Contents:
Rotating Flesh
Very Dead Dolls
Two Skins
Crimson Dreams
Beg the other Man
Lumps
Blood Curse

Reading with the light on, preferably whilst holding a teddy bear is advised. Pleased be warned that some of the stories do contain violent imagery usually associated with a horror anthology.

My Thoughts: Wow, what a terrific batch of horror stories – and these are real horror. No happily ever after to be seen here. If you love real horror, you’ll love these stories. Woodhead has a seriously twisted mind, and I absolutely am in love with his fiction. I can’t really give details of the stories – that’s the trick with short stories, as giving much of any information will spoil it. But again, all I can say is, if you love horror, you’ll love these wonderfully twisted stories. Highly recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.