Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th, and a free eBook from Randy Attwood!

Ah, Friday the 13th - I LOVE Friday the 13th, don't you? I wish every Friday were Friday the 13th. It's funny some of the superstitions that have arisen around Friday the 13th; do you have any idea why it is considered to be an unlucky day? Let me tell you about it!

A long time ago, Friday was dedicated go the Goddess Freya, the Norse Mother Goddess. Freya's special number was 13, so Freya-days that landed on the 13th were especially sacred to Her. Then the Christians came along and decided that the best way to take over from the current Gods and Goddesses was to convert and corrupt their sacred days and Holy Days; therefore, Friday the 13th gradually became a day to be feared and hated rather than revered and honored, in order to turn the people against Freya. This is just one of the Holy Days that was taken over. Another has just passed - Easter was originally Eostara, a Holy Day honoring the Maiden Goddess and celebrating the reemergence of fertility after the cold days of winter (at least in the Northern Hemisphere; in the Southern Hemisphere they'd be celebrating a harvest festival instead of a planting festival, so honoring the Mother Goddess).

Oh, but I promised you a free eBook and here I am blathering on about Paganism instead! Sorry! So, I heard from my good friend Randy Attwood and he told me that he is putting up his excellent book Crazy About You free on Amazon starting today, Friday the 13th! You can see my review here. Now, keep in mind that Amazon usually updates their pricing around midnight their time (which is Pacific Daylight Savings Time, 3 a.m. Eastern and so on based on your own time zone), so it if is not showing up free just yet, remember to check back later in the day to catch the sale. Sometimes the free sales don't show up until later in the day - I went to check on one earlier today and, while it was almost 6 a.m. Eastern, it still wasn't showing as free; it was another three or four hours before the sale showed up. So, remember to watch for your chance to get this terrific eBook FREE.

And I'll have another freebie to announce TOMORROW, but if you want a sneak preview, Weston Kincaid is having a free book on Amazon this weekend, too, starting tomorrow, Saturday, April 14th. Watch for my announcement, you won't want to miss this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.