Sunday, April 1, 2012

Review: Chronicles of the Varian Empire: The Left-Handed Warrior


Chronicles of the Varian Empire: The Left-Handed Warrior
Chronicles of the Varian Empire: The Left-Handed Warrior by Barbara G.Tarn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Disclosure: I edited this book.

Synopsis: The struggle between Humans and Genn gets vicious.
Orphaned by Human bandits, adopted by Genn, seeking revenge and becoming a warrior under a not-so-accomodating Emperor. Especially if you refuse to serve him to side with the Genn.

Welcome to Silvery Earth. Water beings, winged people, shape-shifting dragons and elf-like beings mingle with humans throughout the history of this world.

My Thoughts: When I edited this, I had only just recently read my first book in the Silvery Earth series of books, Jessamine, and like in that case, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this story. While not super-long - it could be considered a long novella, or short novel - the book is long enough to provide plenty of character development and action. The action revolves around Kurt, a human who was rescued by a Genn family after his own family was murdered in an attack on their caravan. We first meet him when he's a young teen and follow his exploits as he becomes a powerful warrior, fighting with the Genn against the discrimination against their people. The world is well developed and interesting, and any fantasy fan will find it a satisfying read. Definitely check it out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.