Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Spider's Lullaby


Spider's Lullaby
Spider's Lullaby by James R. Tuck

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of darker, male-oriented Urban Fantasy
Trigger Warnings: violence, murder, threat of rape, drug dealers, frat boys, lots of spiders

My Thoughts: I was very happy to have more Charlotte. While the idea of a brown recluse werespider freaks me out, I liked her anyway. I also enjoyed learning more about Ronnie, and meeting Ivan, who is a very interesting character that I hope we will see more of.

This is a novella, so not very long and it moves fast. Deacon runs up against a demon in this one, so there is some major unpleasantness, and of course there are hundreds of baby spiders involved, so arachnophobes should take note. Still, a fun series so far for fans of darker, male-oriented urban fantasy.

Series Information: Spider's Lullaby is Book 1.5 in the Deacon Chalk series
Book .5: That Thing at the Zoo, review linked here where formatting allowed.
Book 1: Blood and Bullets, review linked here where formatting allowed.
Book 2: Blood and Silver
Book 2.5: Circus of Blood
Book 3: Blood and Magick

Disclosure: I bought this book for myself. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: He lives to kill monsters. He keeps his city safe. And his silver hollow-points and back-from-the-dead abilities take out any kind of unnatural threat. But between this bad-ass bounty hunter and rescuing the most helpless of victims stands the one evil he can't defeat...

For Deacon Chalk, loyalty is worth dying for. And now that something has taken were-spider Charlotte's un-hatched children and one of his closest friends, he'll tear up the human and supernatural underworlds to find them. But with his allies stripped away by an invincible Yakuza hit man and time running out, Deacon must face down the most ancient of demonic entities. And his last hope means surrendering to the inner darkness waiting hungrily to consume him ...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.