Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: Circus of Blood


Circus of Blood
Circus of Blood by James R. Tuck

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of darker, action-oriented, male-centric Urban Fantasy
Trigger Warnings: clowns, violence, murder

My Thoughts: So, wow. If you don't already have a phobia of circuses and clowns, this book will definitely instill one in you! Brrrrr. Not much can be said about this short novella so as to avoid spoiling it, but it was a lot of fun. Plus: were-stoat! Irish were-stoat. Can't beat that.

Series Information: Circus of Blood is Book 2.5 in the Deacon Chalk series
Book .5: That Thing at the Zoo, review linked here where formatting allowed.
Book 1: Blood and Bullets, review linked here where formatting allowed.
Book 1.5: Spider's Lullaby, review linked here where formatting allowed
Book 2: Blood and Silver, review linked here where formatting allowed.
Book 3: Blood and Magick

Disclosure: I purchased this book for myself. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Anticipating the worst keeps Deacon Chalk a step ahead. But he never expected that a badly-beaten were-bat female victim would suddenly mutate and almost take him out. Or that the freak undead that infected her can’t wait to turn all lycanthropes into uncontrollable killing machines… once he’s gone. And that day is getting awfully close. Deacon may be outnumbered, out-gunned, and cut off from help, but what the enemy doesn’t know is that’s exactly when the world’s best bounty hunter lives up to his billing…



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.