Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Weaver

Weaver by John Abramowitz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of YA urban fantasy
Trigger Warnings: assault, murder

My Thoughts: After reading the first two books in the Hunter Gamble series by this author, I just had to read this other book I had by him.

This is a really good book of its type. I don't always like YA and this has a few of the faults that keep me from fully enjoying YA novels, like teenagers that do sort of stupid things. It's mitigated in this book due to pheromones exuded by the Xorda, so it's fairly bearable, but it's there. There are also a lot of editing errors in the text. Thus the loss of a star.

But overall, I enjoyed the book a great deal. There were a couple of moments that surprised me a lot, things I absolutely did not see coming, and I would like to continue this series. Another book is available in this series, The Void, but I do not yet have it. Anyway, if you like young adult urban fantasies, definitely give this one a try.

Disclosure: I picked up a copy of this e-book from Amazon when it was on a KDP promotion. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Fifteen-year old Alex Cronlord just met the boy of her dreams. Literally. Unfortunately, the dream involved him killing her. When she encounters him at her school the next morning, Alex understandably freaks out–and her mother’s bizarre behavior only makes it worse. What Alex doesn’t realize is that she can see the future–which will get her into a whole lot of trouble.

Across town, FBI Agent Moira McBain and her partner Andy Hall investigate a series of house burnings in Dallas, Texas. When a clue leads them to the Cronlords, Moira discovers a disturbing link between Alex’s family and her own–which opens an old wound Moira has spent years trying to ignore.

Something is rotten in Dallas, Texas–something involving a secret society, children with extraordinary powers, and human-looking creatures who might literally be out of this world ….

Welcome to a different kind of world-wide web.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.