Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book review: "Oh, What a Night" by Nick Wastnage

Oh, What a NightOh, What a Night by Nick Wastnage

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Book information: Genre: Dark Urban Fantasy Reading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I edited this short for the author, but that doesn't affect my opinion of this piece.

Synopsis: A bizarre, hilarious urbane-fantasy short. The author invites all the villains, drug-dealers, mafia bosses, policemen, spooks, and hookers from his books to a funereal-themed, fancy-dress, extravaganza, choreographed by an undertaker. Wacky, outrageous – a touch violent.

My Thoughts: Oh, what a laugh! All of the scum and protagonists from Mr. Wastnage's various books and stories are gathered together in this short story, and watching the interactions is hilarious! Especially recommended to those who have read Mr. Wastnage's various books, as you will recognize these characters and understand some of the jokes better, but it would also serve as a fun way to get acquainted with the sorts of characters that fill his stories. Don't miss this fun story!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.