Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: The Thing on the Doorstep


The Thing on the Doorstep
The Thing on the Doorstep by H.P. Lovecraft

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Part of the Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft, which can be found formatted for Nook and Kindle on CthulhuChick.com.

Synopsis: The Thing on the Doorstep is a short story written by H.P. Lovecraft, part of the Cthulhu Mythos universe of horror fiction. It was written in August 1933, and first published in the January 1937 issue of Weird Tales.

Daniel Upton, the story's narrator, begins by telling that he has killed his best friend, Edward Derby, and that he hopes his account will prove that he is not a murderer...

My Thoughts: Another cautionary tale about the dangers of meddling with things beyond your ability to comprehend, about the dangers of those "from outside", and another in the Innsmouth cycle of stories. Wonderfully creepy! You can't go wrong with this great story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.