Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review: The Sex Beast of Scurvy Island


The Sex Beast of Scurvy Island
The Sex Beast of Scurvy Island by Andersen Prunty

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Bizarro/Erotica
Reading Level: Adult (NC-17 at the least)
Recommended for: People who like their stories sick and twisted, with a side of Scooby Doo
Trigger Warnings: Lots of weird sex

Disclosure: I picked up this book free from Amazon on a promotion. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis (courtesy of Amazon): There is a sex beast loose on Scurvy Island! Can this gang of wholesome young adults hunt down this heinous monster (and love!) in this beautiful tropical paradise?

My Thoughts: This book is just sick: sick and twisted and wrong. And I loved it! A few examples of why I enjoyed this book so much:
‘...young men are getting killed in ridiculous ways.’ ‘Ridiculous how?’ ‘They had to dig one of them out of a cow’s stomach.’ ‘Oh. Did the cow swallow him?’
The Grassville Gang is sort of a Scooby Gang made out of adult-movie actors, with names like: Emma Inside, Carrie Godown, Zeke Loner, and Brock Rockhard. Most of them were heard to remark, at one time or another, “I do like to solve crime... almost as much as I like to fuck.” Sheriff Rogers, on Scurvy Islands, fits right in. “‘Don’t have sex with the corpse, okay?’ Rogers shook his head. ‘I can’t promise anything. Remember to take your dead demon baby with you.’

Sick, twisted and wrong. If you can’t handle that, stay well away. But I laughed like crazy – this was just what I needed to finish off my binge of Andersen Prunty books. If you like ‘em sick, twisted and wrong, you will definitely want to read this book.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. You have absolutely convinced me I need to read this book. Oh, and congrats on beating your reading challenge for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks!

      Yeah, I had to do some serious censoring before Amazon would allow my review to be posted on their site - I can't quite figure out how they can sell a book called "Fuckness" but not allow me to quote that title in my review (that would be the review for "Satanic Summer"). In this one, they would not let me by with only putting "f**c", oh no - I had to take that "c" out as well. *shakes head*

      Delete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.