Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: The Shadow Out of Time


The Shadow Out of Time
The Shadow Out of Time by H.P. Lovecraft

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Part of the Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft, which can be found formatted for Nook and Kindle on CthulhuChick.com.

Synopsis: A young professor from the fictional Miskatonic University learns that aliens, the Yith, are possessing the bodies of humans to learn about the history and culture of the Earth. He soon becomes convinced that he is also possessed, but those around him fear he is simply insane..

My Thoughts: Ultimately, this novella affected me more strongly than any of them in the omnibus. The sense of deja vu that the narrator experiences through most of the story resounded strongly with me, due to my own experiences of repeating dreams, long periods of deja vu, and strange knowledge I have that I should not know. So, to be frank, this story really freaked me out. Beautiful!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.