Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: The Shadow Over Innsmouth


The Shadow Over Innsmouth
The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H.P. Lovecraft

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is part of The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft, which can be found formatted for Nook or Kindle at CthulhuChick.com.

Synopsis: "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" is a short novel about a weird hybrid race of humans and creatures resembling a cross between a fish and a frog, which lives in the seaside village of Innsmouth.

My Thoughts: There is a fairly decent video adaptation of this story on YouTube. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. It's not exact, of course, but it gives the basic gist. I really enjoyed the "surprise ending" on this one. I think this is one of my favorite Lovecraft stories. If you're searching for a good place to start with Lovecraft, this is one of the best places to begin (unless you want to do like me and read this whole anthology, which places the stories in the order in which they were written).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.