Monday, June 25, 2012

The Liebster Blog award

Thanks to Shawn at Errant Author for putting me on the spot selecting me for this honor.



The Rules (as I understand them):

1. Never talk about Liebster Blog (scratch that, wrong rule list)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger give you.
4. Tag 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers.
5. Tell these bloggers that you tagged them.

11 Facts About Me:

1. I have, at various times, owned a number of any possible type of pets; at one point I had over 100 rats around here as pets, and every single one of them had a name.
2. I have amazingly eclectic tastes in music.
3. The first book I ever read was an ABC book when I was 5.
4. The first book I read that ever gave me nightmares was Dracula. It was decades before another gave me nightmares, and that was The Dracula Dossier by James Reese.
5. I hate having to fill out stuff like this 'cause I can never think of what to say.
6. I've been married 3 times for a total of over 20 years, but most of that has been to #3.
7. I do not want children, but am very happy to have a niece and two nephews.
8. I have always refused to bow to the whims of others and refused to conform.
9. I was named "the only one to have an opinion on anything" when I was a Senior in high school.
10. I have a tendency to always be early to appointments.
11. I agree with Scott that 11 is too many ...


11 Questions from Errant Author

1. What was the first book that made a lasting impression on you? Probably The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. Not only did it make me fascinated with the fantasy genre, but it also gave rise to my fascination with Celtic myths and legends.
2. What was the most recent book that made a lasting impression on you? Oh, wow, I've read a lot of good ones lately. Probably Morgue Drawer Four by Jutta Profijit; I just picked up the 2nd book in that series from Vine and plan to read it ASAP.
3. Have you ever slammed a book closed and thrown it across the room like in "The Never Ending Story"? Oh yeah - the first one I did that to was Paul Levine's Solomon vs. Lord. Ugh, horrible!
4. Do you think trees are secretly behind the growing popularity of e-books? I wouldn't put it past them - shifty buggers...
5. What’s in my pocket? Its handses, my precious...
6. What author do you suspect is in the business just for the groupies? Anne Rice.
7. If Edward were tragically the Creature from the Black Lagoon instead of a vampire, do you think Jacob would have had a shot? Oh, I'm sure there are people out there who would find him dreamy any which way, but I find it hard to care.
8. Are you past the point of having to look words up in the dictionary when you’re reading a book? Nope, and I hope that I keep finding books that help me learn new words until the day I die.
9. Why do bookmarks have tassels on them? That's a very good question and deserves a good answer.
10. I have a really mean looking cat with your address here who wants to know “Are you a cat or dog person?” Answer carefully. Oh, cats, definitely - love their attitude! And having my three cats looking at me all squinty-eyed has nothing to do with my answer...
11. What’s your favorite time of day for curling up with a good book? When I'm awake, definitely!

11 Bloggers I have selected for torture tagged:
1 Lenore Wolfe
2 Jonathon Gould
3 Randy Attwood
4 Nick Wastnage
5 Scott Rhine
6 Sue Dent
7 Jenn
8 Weston Kincaide
9 Mark Matthews
10 CS Splitter
11 Barbara Tarn

11 Questions for Those Bloggers:
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done in public?
2. Why did you get into blogging?
3. Whose idea was all this, anyway?
4. What is your favorite genre to read?
5. What is your favorite genre to write, just for you?
6. What is your favorite book you wrote?
7. Do you have a favorite book? If so, what is it?
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
9. Favorite food?
10. (this is bloody exhausting) Will you still be friends with me after all this?
11. There is no question 11! You're welcome (hopefully this will relate to Question 10).

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully answered and brilliantly re-questioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're just saying that ... :-)

      Delete
    2. Awww, you're just sayin' that ... :-)

      Delete
    3. If it don't work this time, I'm giving up ... (stupid Blogger)....

      Awww, you're just sayin' that ... :-)

      Delete
  2. 1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done in public?

    Sang a country western song I composed and wrote the lyrics:

    I can't stop seeing you,
    Though you want me to
    For in my pickup when I drive
    You're always by my side.

    I can't stop seeing you
    Thought you want me to
    For at our favorite bar
    They all ask where you are

    (three more stanzas)

    2. Why did you get into blogging?

    So I could make myself miserable by promoting my works and having so few people, especially friends, buy them.

    3. Whose idea was all this, anyway?

    Gin-infused brain

    4. What is your favorite genre to read?

    Sax Rohmer's Fu Manchu series. What genre is that?

    5. What is your favorite genre to write, just for you?

    I hate genres. Hate, hate, hate. What genre is Dante? How did we get into this categorization mess? I blame Aristotle.

    6. What is your favorite book you wrote?

    Every one of them. But when I reread "Then and Now" damn book always makes me cry at the end

    7. Do you have a favorite book? If so, what is it?

    I used to reread, once a year, Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"

    8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?

    When I get depressed I put on the pianist's Kemp's Bach, Handel and Gluck. This is the music that I want when I'm on my death bed. Does that count?

    9. Favorite food?

    Tagliatelle con burro and a good chianti

    10. (this is bloody exhausting) Will you still be friends with me after all this?
    If not, what friends would I have?

    11. There is no question 11! You're welcome (hopefully this will relate to Question 10).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, sorry about all the genre questions - I just couldn't think of what to ask... All my cleverness went into my answers and none was left for the questions...

      I'll do what I can to get people to buy your books, even if it means tracking them down and threatening them ... :-) You know I think they're all brilliant...

      Delete
  3. Do I have too?

    1. What is the weirdest thing you've ever done in public?

    Joined a stripper on stage and taken all my clothes off. It was at a stag do. My excuse!

    2. Why did you get into blogging?

    Easier than writing a book.

    4. Whose idea was this anyway?

    Some sadistic, villainous person who enjoys seeing others suffer.

    5. What is your favourite (you can tell I'm English) genre to write?

    Only write crime. Never tried anything else. I guess sci-fi and supernatural could be fun.

    6. What is your favourite book you wrote?

    Well, having recently rewritten most, I think it has to be the last one, Playing Harry.

    7. Do you have a favourite book? If so, what is it?

    Difficult. It's either To Kill a Mocking Bird, or Jonathan Franzen's Freedom. Don't make me choose.

    8. What kind of music do you listen to?

    Eclectic taste. Rock and roll, folk, modern indie bands, bit of rap, some jazz, occasional classical, and stuff my daughter comes up with, which I wouldn't have found if it wasn't for her recommendation. Will that do?

    9. Favourite food?

    Easy one. Lobster, by a long way! Not messed around with. Thanks for asking the question. I ate three in a row once, but that's another story.

    10. Will you still be friends with me after all this?

    I thought so at the beginning. Not so sure now! Of course I will.

    11. There is no question 11.

    Now you're having a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, now, you'll note I did it all up properly with a blog post and (picking out victims) selecting honorees and everything ... :-) (why can't I used a strike-through HTML tag in the comments? It worked OK in the post!)

      Thanks for the response - it's fun to learn more about my friends!

      Delete
    2. I'm going to do that as well. Just a bit post-wedding busy (not me guys: I've done three! My son, and in France).

      Delete
  4. here are my answers! :-)
    http://creativebarbwire.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/writer-wednesday-19/
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.