Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: My Brother, My Zombie


My Brother, My Zombie
My Brother, My Zombie by Rusty Fischer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Short urban fantasy/Zombies
Reading Level: Young adult
Recommended for: fans of zombie stories

Disclosure: I received this ebook as a gift, from a person unrelated to the author, in exchange for some editing work. I am under no obligation. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Emma has only one guard shack left before she releases her brother into the zombies-only zone, or the Z-Zone, as the locals call it.

Along the way she keeps Sam docile with a plastic container full of raw meat and the only six commands he knows to obey. He doesn’t understand what’s about to happen to him, but she does.

If only letting him go was as easy as saying goodbye.

My Thoughts: This is a very sad story, but beautifully written and highly evocative. You get a wonderful feel for the characters very quickly, without a lot of dialogue - Sam, particularly, is wonderfully developed with no dialogue at all. Wonderful.

It has some of the darker elements shared with the first two stories in this series. All the short stories in this series are highly recommended for fans of the zombie genre.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.