Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Character Follies


Character Follies
Character Follies by Elizabeth Lang

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Humorous meta-fiction
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Writers, people who enjoyed Lang’s space operas

Disclosure: The author provided me a copy of this ebook in gratitude for reviewing one of her earlier books. I am under no obligation. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: What happens when a writer's characters come alive and insist on having a life of their own outside the story? What if they think they have better ideas for the story than she does? Fireworks and comedy ensues.

Adrian prefers doing anything else, other than cooperating. Argus likes hitting things. Repeatedly. Sester... well whatever he does, the other two are sure he's up to no good.

The writer tries to wrangle them into some semblance of order, but it's like herding flies. Come and join the merriment and find out how a writer's mind really works.

My Thoughts: In which the long-suffering writer tries to keep her characters from completely taking over the book. There’s really not much I can tell you about this without spoiling it, but if you’re a writer, you will definitely “get” and appreciate this fun series of sketches. Also, if you’re a fan of Lang’s space opera series, you will enjoy this chance to journey further into the characters’ heads. Just for fun, and highly enjoyable.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.