Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: The Dunwich Horror


The Dunwich Horror
The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Part of [b:The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft|11851522|The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft|H.P. Lovecraft|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327886768s/11851522.jpg|16807494], which can be found free at the CthulhuChick website for your e-reader.

Synopsis: In the degenerate, unliked backwater of Dunwich, Wilbur Whately, a most unusual child, is born. Of unnatural parentage, he grows at an uncanny pace to an unsettling height, but the boy's arrival simply precedes that of a true horror: one of the Old Ones, that forces the people of the town to hole up by night.

My Thoughts: Another masterpiece of creeping horror by Lovecraft, this relates to his Elder Gods group of stories and builds on earlier stories. While Cthulhu is not specifically mentioned, it is understood to be in the background. This was one I couldn't put down until I finished.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.