Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review: Orbiting Sins


Orbiting Sins
Orbiting Sins by Steve S. Grant

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Disclosure and Series Information: I edited this book for the author, which is now available to purchase from Smashwords. It is the sequel to The Dreamer Genome (my review here) and should be read after reading that one. The author recommends downloading and reading some of his free shorts first to make sure you like his writing style.

My Thoughts: I liked this book a great deal. It's not as complex as the first book, with the action more maintained between characters, and a shorter time frame than the first book. This should satisfy sci-fi fans who also like strong character development and still want some 'splodies.

Synopsis: In this thrilling sequel to The Dreamer Genome, a fantastic and symbolic space odyssey ruthlessly exploits biotechnology and leads to foul play at the very limit of known space.

The surviving test subjects of a secret experiment are humanity’s first, true space travelers. One mission uses refurbished space shuttles and outdated technology while the competition is funded by STAM, a corporate giant with insatiable ambition and deep pockets. When the astronauts’ cloudy past finally catches up with them, elaborated plans are jettisoned in order to survive. How much are each team willing to sacrifice to get there first? Will there be a return trip?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.