Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: Lifehack


Lifehack
Lifehack by Joseph Picard

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Science Fantasy/Lesbian Zombie story
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of zombie stories, looking for something a little different
Trigger Warnings: killing

My Thoughts: This book is really a mixed bag. On the one hand, this book is a man's fantasy about lesbians: hypersexualized, aggressive, and in one case actually bisexual so the man has some action, too. Despite mentioning in the acknowledgments that the book had been re-edited, it was still quite a mess, with (especially) a lot of punctuation errors. On the other hand, there is a lot of funny in here, not to mention a unique take on zombies that a lot of people will probably enjoy. The section where Alicia and Regan take over a couple of zombies had me laughing like a maniac, especially the slap fight.

I really wish I could provide a wholehearted endorsement of this book, because the author is a super nice guy and quite funny to boot, but there were just too many problems to rate the book any higher. However, if you like zombie stories and are looking for something a little different, then check this book out. The sequel is out, and I think there might be a short story available from this universe as well.

Disclosure: I picked this book up during an Amazon KDP promotion. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: She lost her brother.
She learnt to fight a legion of the dead.
She spent two years alone, scavenging to survive.
Then to make things difficult, she fell in love with a straight girl.

Regan Grier, assumed dead, faces a city of walking corpses in which she struggles to find her brother. Her hopeless efforts meet some unsolicited help after two years.

Enter Captain Alisia Terone. Intent on rescuing Regan from the city, stumbles on an unforeseen hazard: Regan's love.

Regan's problems intertwine with Alisia's as they hunt the source of the technologically driven zombies, and cope with Regan's love for the inconveniently straight Captain.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.