Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Flee - A Thriller


Flee - A Thriller
Flee - A Thriller by J.A. Konrath

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Spy Thriller
Reading Level: Adult—explicit sex scene
Recommended for: Fans of high-octane thrillers
Trigger Warnings: violence, murder, sexual assault, statutory rape

My Thoughts: I read the first Jack Daniels book several years ago and really enjoyed it. I've been slowly building up my library of J.A. Konrath books ever since, and am a bit aggravated that I have to read this book before I completed it and was ready because of the new Terms of Service with Vine running me on Three, the third book in this series, but that's neither here nor there...

Say whatever else you will about this book, it was really entertaining. It is so fast-paced that the entire story takes place over the course of a single day, and it just never stops—other than that one sex scene, which was rather gratuitous and over which I skipped altogether, and which led to the rating decrease. I had no idea how accurate the weapons information is, how realistic the overall idea is, but I was entertained, and couldn't stop turning those pages, so for me, it was a success as a book. Recommended for adrenaline-junkies, fans of high-octane thrillers, fans of Konrath's writing, and fans of thrillers in general. Check it out.

Series Information: Flee is the first book in the Codename: Chandler series.
Exposed is a novella featuring Chandler, and may be read after Flee
Book 2: Spree, to be read next
Book 3: Three, upcoming

Disclosure: I purchased this book for myself so I could read the whole series after receiving the third book through Vine. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: CODENAME: CHANDLER

She's an elite spy, working for an agency so secret only three people know it exists. Trained by the best of the best, she has honed her body, her instincts, and her intellect to become the perfect weapon.

FLEE

Then her cover is explosively blown, and she becomes a walking bulls-eye. Stalked by assassins who want the secrets she holds, and those who'd prefer she die before talking.

Now Chandler has twenty-four hours to thwart a kidnapping, stop a psychopath, uncover the mystery of her past, retire five equally-trained contract killers, avoid a tenacious cop named Jack Daniels, and save the world from nuclear annihilation, all while dodging 10,000 bullets. 

Buckle up. It's going to be one helluva ride.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I have heard really good things about this one. I am right on the middle of a great one by Jonelle Patrick, it's a real page turner and this one looks to be the same! Patrick's book is Fallen Angel and her site is jonellepatrick.com, the book is so worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a look at it. Thanks for telling us about it.

      Delete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.