Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Out of True


Out of True
Out of True by Amy Durant

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Poetry
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: those who like poetry
Trigger Warnings: Domestic violence

My Thoughts: Poetry is a highly subjective read, and thus very hard to rate. This is freestyle poetry, which is the kind I also tend to prefer to write, so I can't rate on rhyme and meter or any of the sorts of technical details that more structured poetry would require. The only technical merit upon which I can judge this book is editing, and that is well-done.

The poems themselves are quite good, I think. Haunting, lovely, sometimes quite disturbing. Exactly what poems should be. If you like poems, you should track down and pick up this book of poetry. Good stuff.

Disclosure: I won a copy of this e-book on a blog. No review was requested. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: The poems in "Out of True" flow through the stories of life and love, deep feeling and light perspective, all with a foundation in the elemental core of the human spirit.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.