Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review: Original Strand


Original Strand
Original Strand by Steve S. Grant

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Please note: This is a short sci-fi story set in the same universe as The Dreamer Genome. I picked it up free from Smashwords

My Thoughts: Very interesting story. I'm immersing myself in this author's universe because I'll be editing a book set by this author next week. In the meantime, I'll be reading his stories to gain a feel for his style and the ideas behind the story.

I enjoyed this. He has created a really interesting world here. The remnants of humanity linger on the moon, genetically altered for maximum survival with minimum resources... and they create all new children in a lab by mixing various genetic donations. Then they find ... a previously unfound artifact, and perhaps all their assumptions are wrong. It was really interesting, and I recommend it. The author offers it free on Smashwords as an introduction to his work, so go check it out.

Synopsis: The human race did its best to annihilate itself and certainly went out with a bang. Hundreds of nuclear devices and biological viruses have transformed the earth into a no man’s land. For the isolated moon survivors, biodiversity takes on a whole new meaning.

The story was originally published in the June edition (2012) of eFiction. It is offered as a marketing freebie.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.