Monday, March 11, 2013

Review: The Amazing Transformation of Wicca Dog


The Amazing Transformation of Wicca Dog
The Amazing Transformation of Wicca Dog by Krista D. Ball

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy/Short story
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: those who enjoy a fun short story with a great twist, shapeshifters, Pan

My Thoughts: I just finished reading the fun story Spirits Rising (review linked here where formatting allowed), and when I noticed I had this short story by the same author, I decided to go ahead and read it as well.

Again, the story was mostly well edited, but I did find the word “taunt” (to jeer at, to make fun of) used where “taut” (drawn tightly against) should have been. This is something I notice all the time, a very common misuse. Maybe I need to start writing blog posts about these sorts of things again!

Other than that, this is a really fun little story—short, sweet, and with a great twist at the ending. I can't discuss it much without spoiling it, so I'll leave it at that, but if you enjoy the thought of a trickster Pan, shapeshifting, and general havoc, this is a great story. Recommended!

Disclosure: I picked this book up on a free promotion on Amazon because it looked amusing. No review was requested. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: When Robert is bitten by his nephew, he's convinced he isn't really going to turn into a werewolf. After all, werewolves aren't real. Unfortunately for Robert, mischievous Pan is nearby, lamenting that there aren't enough shapeshifters in the world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.